Loudoun County Treasurer H. Roger Zurn, Jr. has released a prepared statement reminding taxpayers that the deadline for payment of the second half business tangible personal property tax is Wednesday, October 5, 2016. Please note:
- Payments postmarked after October 5, 2016, will incur a 10 percent late payment penalty. Additional interest at the rate of 10 percent per annum will be assessed.
- Payments not received within 60 days of the due date will incur an additional 15 percent penalty.
- The due date will not be extended for bills where assessment questions have been filed with the Commissioner of the Revenue.
To assist with the high volume of taxpayers expected at the Loudoun County Government Center October 5, the Treasurer’s Office is setting up a temporary payment station from 8:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. in the county parking garage
Payments can be made using electronic check (eCheck), VISA, MasterCard, American Express or Discover. Please note that there is a convenience fee added to credit card transactions. There is no fee for eCheck.
Residents have three options to pay:
- Online at loudoun.gov/bppt
- Telephone at 1-800-269-5971 may be called 24 hours a day. During regular business hours, call 703-777-0280. Please have your account number and credit card number ready.
- In person at 1 Harrison Street, S.E., 1st Floor, Leesburg, Virginia 20175 or 21641 Ridgetop Circle, Suite 104, Sterling, Virginia 20166. Offices are open from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., weekdays. Both offices will have extended hours on Wednesday, October 5, 2016, from 8:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Twenty-four-hour deposit boxes are located outside each office.
Please contact the Loudoun County Treasurer’s Office at 703-777-0280 or email email@example.com if you have not received your bill.