The Claude Moore Recreation and Community Center will close for completion of construction projects beginning Tuesday, May 29.
The center will hold summer camps and limited classes in select rooms, as well as off-site locations. The facility will reopen and resume normal hours on Monday, Sept. 3.
Programs will be adjusted as follows:
- The temporary fitness room, adjacent to the Sterling Community Center at 120 Enterprise St., will be open June 1 through Sept. 2. Hours will be 7 a.m. to 9 p.m. Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Saturday and noon to 5 p.m. on Sunday.
- Zumba classes will be held in the CMRCC gym. Sessions begin at 7 p.m. Tuesdays and Wednesday, 6:30 p.m. Thursdays and 5:30 p.m. on Fridays.
- No aquatics or swim classes will be held at CMRCC during the closure. Members can use the lap and leisure pools at Dulles South (571-258-3456), the lap pool at Round Hill Indoor Aquatics Center (571-258-35 62) and the outdoors pools at Franklin Park (540-338-7492) and Lovettsville Community Center (540-822-5508).
- The following summer camps are scheduled from June 18 through Aug. 16: Preschool Camp (ages 2 1/2 to 5), ; Activity Camp (ages 6-12) and Passport Travel Camp (Ages 6-12).
- Special events are as follows: Kids in the Park, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. May 18; Block Party, 1 to 4 p.m. May 26; Dog Swim, 5 to 7 p.m. on May 28; Family Fitness Day, 10 a.m. to noon on June 9;
Movie Night, 7 p.m. on June 22, July 6 and Aug. 10; Luau Beach Day, 1 to 4 p.m. on Aug 25.
For more information, visit loudoun.gov/claudemoorerec