Fire That Caused $30,000 Damage to Sterling McDonald’s Started by Electrical Malfunction

Fire That Caused $30,000 Damage to Sterling McDonald’s Started by Electrical Malfunction

The Loudoun County Fire Marshal has declared the fire Sunday night (Nov. 4) at the Sterling McDonald’s was caused by an electrical malfunction in a fryer.

The first call reporting the fire was received by the Loudoun County Emergency Communications Center about 6:30 p.m. on Nov. 4. Firefighters reported to the restaurant at Route 7 and Dranesville Road and saw smoke coming from the roof and a light haze inside the building. Crews found an active fire in the kitchen area with moderate smoke on the second floor. Additional resources were requested from Cascades, Ashburn and Fairfax County fire companies.

Firefighters quickly extinguished the fire in the kitchen area, then discovered that fire had extended into hidden void spaces within the walls. They worked to extinguish the remaining fire and ventilate the structure.

There were no reported injuries. Damage was estimated at $30,000

Joseph Dill
ADMINISTRATOR
PROFILE