As the holiday season draws near, the Loudoun County Sheriff’s Office is looking for community help in making the season bright for children at six local hospitals by donating to LCSO’s Holiday Toy Drive and Fill-The-Box Campaign.
The Sheriff’s Office has partnered with Cole’s Closet, a nonprofit organization to help donate toys to fill “closets” with toys for children while they are at the hospital during the holidays. Cole’s Closet was created in 2002 by Ellen and Steve Tomczyk after they lost their six-month-old old son to an undiagnosed brain disease in 1999.
The Tomczyks spent four months in and out of hospitals where they experienced firsthand the anxiety and fear families face when a child is hospitalized. Ellen and Steve began a toy drive at a family holiday party one year after Cole passed away. That first toy drive yielded 400 toys. Since then, they have donated over 16,000 new toys to area hospitals.
LCSO is asking community members to donate new, unwrapped toys to bring holiday cheer to children ages infant to age 17. Donations will be accepted from Nov. 15 – Dec. 16 and the toys can be dropped off at any LCSO Station, Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
The drop-off locations are:
- Eastern Loudoun Station: 46620 East Frederick Drive, Sterling, VA 20164
- University Station: 45299 Research Place, Suite #100, Ashburn, VA 20147
- Dulles South Public Safety Center: 25216 Loudoun County Parkway, Chantilly, VA 20152
- Western Loudoun Station: 47 W. Loudoun Street, Round Hill, VA 20142
- LCSO Headquarters: 803 Sycolin Road SE, Leesburg, VA 20175
- INOVA Emergency Room: 44045 Riverside Pkwy, Leesburg, VA 20176
For inquiries about making a donation, please contact the LCSO at 703-777-0625.