Downed trees caused by strong winds have caused several traffic disruptions this morning (Feb. 25).
UPDATED AT 11 A.M.: BUCHANNON GAP ROAD, STUMPTOWN ROAD are back OPEN.
According to Loudoun County and Virginia Department of Transportation authorities, several roads were closed and subject to detours as of 7 a.m. The following roads were affected:
- Silcott Springs Road in the area of Woodmar Farm Drive.
- Shelburne Glebe Road at the bridge Jodhpur Drive.
- Woodgrove Road near Sunny Ridge Road.
- Ruritan Circle between Church Road and Atlantic Boulevard.
- Simpson Circle, just south of the W&OD Trail — downed power lines. Road is passable for standard passenger vehicles, but buses and large trucks should avoid the area.
- Trappe Road south of Llangollen Road — remains closed as of 11 a.m. with downed utilities.
Drivers are warned to be wary of hazards and to not approach downed power lines.